If you experience heartburn, you know the feeling well: a slight hiccup, followed by a burning sensation in your chest and throat.
It may be triggered by the foods you eat, particularly spicy, fatty, or acidic foods.
Or perhaps you have gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), a chronic condition with many potential causes.
Whatever the cause, heartburn is uncomfortable and inconvenient. What can you do when heartburn strikes?
We’ll go over some quick tips to get rid of heartburn, including:
- wearing loose clothing
- standing up straight
- elevating your upper body
- mixing baking soda with water
- trying ginger
- taking licorice supplements
- sipping apple cider vinegar
- chewing gum to help dilute acid
- staying away from cigarette smoke
- trying over-the-counter medications