If you experience heartburn, you know the feeling well: a slight hiccup, followed by a burning sensation in your chest and throat.
It may be triggered by the foods you eat, particularly spicy, fatty, or acidic foods.
Or perhaps you have gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), a chronic condition with many potential causes.
Whatever the cause, heartburn is uncomfortable and inconvenient. What can you do when heartburn strikes?
We’ll go over some quick tips to get rid of heartburn, including:
- wearing loose clothing
- standing up straight
- elevating your upper body
- mixing baking soda with water
- trying ginger
- taking licorice supplements
- sipping apple cider vinegar
- chewing gum to help dilute acid
- staying away from cigarette smoke
- trying over-the-counter medications
What is it that lets some people live to age 100 and beyond? A new study from the ongoing New England Centenarian Study suggests that protective genes may make a big contribution.
In what the researchers describe as the first study of its kind, they analyzed and deciphered the entire genetic codes of a man and a woman who lived past the age of 114. The two so-called supercentenarians had:
- DNA that appeared to be very similar to people who did not have long lives
- about the same number of gene variants linked to increased disease risk as seen in people from the general population whose genomes have been sequenced
- more than 50 possible longevity-associated variants in genes, some of which were unexpected and had not been seen before.
Here are some brilliant beauty tips for face to get that glow you’ve always wanted. Browse through our beauty secrets, tackle your skincare issues and follow our tricks regularly to get beautiful skin naturally.
Why God, why? Is flawless skin just too much to ask for? A late night leads to dark circles in the morning. Got an upcoming party? Oh wait, I spy a zit. Yes yes, we are well aware of the basic CTM technique… Cleanser-Toner-Moisturizer. We try every new face wash, sunscreen, anti-ageing cream that hits the market. If dry skin and dead skin, oily skin and patchy skin weren’t enough – you now have combination skin! And we are ever so willing to try anything under the sun to get beautiful skin. But it is not an overnight miracle. The flawless, blemish and acne-free skin that you’ve always desired is no more a dream, but a reality. Here are some brilliant beauty tips for face to get that glow you’ve always wanted.